Personas and User Stories Milestone¶
Due Date: September 13
You must watch the Design Process lecture before working on this Milestone.
For this milestone your group will provide a very short description of your project, at least 3 different personas, and several user stories.
Meet with your Client¶
In order to do this you will need to meet with your client (if you have one ). Before you do that, review our design process lecture, especially the bits about talking to your client.
Some questions that you will need to ask your client:
- What is your name? How will we communicate with you (email, phone, face-to-face)? How often can we bother you with questions?
- What do you do? What does you business do? How does it generate revenue?
- Why do you want this app? How are you handling things now without an app? Show me.
- Add a one-paragraph page to your wiki called “Project Description” which describes what your project will be. Focus on the goals of the project: what the app will achieve and not so much on what it will look like. This is meant to be your general vision statement. Also specify the platform you are targeting.
- If you have a client, then after the paragraph add your primary contact’s name (your client), title and company, email address, and any other relevant information, as well as any secondary contact persons your client wants you to talk to.
- Add at least three personas, one wiki page for each, to your wiki. These should cover 3 distinct user-types for your app. Each Persona must have a name, photo, and personal history.
- Add a “User Stories” wiki page with at least 9 user stories covering the
most common use cases for your app. They should all be
of the form “As
I want a so that I can “.
Uploading images to GitHub wiki
Github does not allow you to directly upload a photo to the wiki. Instead, create a dummy Issue. You can upload photos to an issue comments (just drag-n-drop). Then you can use the URL of the uploaded photo in your wiki page. See this example. Another way is to just git-clone the wiki and add the images to the wiki repo itself. I highly recommend you read the About GitHub Wikis Help Page.
Do not make any changes to the wiki pages used for this milestone after the deadline. Wait until after you receive the grade for the milestone to make any further changes to these pages.
- Is the wiki page “Project Description” up?
- Does it contain the information we requested (above)?
- Are there 3 Personas?
- with photos?
- with demographic information? age, income, education,
- with professional title? student, salesperson, physician,
- with other details relevant to your app?
- with a story? that exemplifies the persona’s skills, feelings, attitudes, concerns, relationships ?
- with a goal(s)? as it pertains to using your app. That is, what does the user want (goal)? that you app will help in achieving. For example, Bob wants to get fit, so he uses our app to keep track of his workouts.
- Are the 3 personas different? do they belong to different groups of users of your app?
- Are there at least 9 user stories?
- Do they reflect important part of the app’s functionality?
- Is some important functionality missing from the user stories?