Release Candidate 1 Milestone¶
Sunday, April 2
As with all Releases, you will set up a set of Issues in your GitHub which list all the features you will implement by the deadline. Associate these Issues with the RC1 Milestone. We will use these features for grading.
This release has implemented all the features of your app and has no bugs. At least, no bugs that have been detected by your careful testing. Basically, you believe that this release is the final one: no more coding is required. You might, or might not, be proven correct by your customers. We call it a feature freeze, because no more features will be added after this, not even small ones.
To release your code you will:
- Create a git tag
named v0.9 on the commit that marks the release:
git tag v0.9
- Push tags to GitHub:
git push --tagsOnce pushed to GitHub you will find a Release called v0.9 in your repo. If you can't get tags to work just create the Release called v0.9 with GitHub.
If you have a mobile/desktop app you will:
- Upload your binary (.apk .exe, etc.) to the Release.
If you have a webapp you will:
- Publish your webapp on the Internet.
- Put the URL of your deployed app in the description textbox for that release. Also, if I need a username/password to access your site make sure you write those down in the textbox, and attach any other files or binaries I might need to test your app (ex, things to upload).
- The webapp must be accessible so we can all test it.
- Do not update the deployed webapp until after you get the grade for this Milestone.
We will be checking all your approved GitHub associated with this Milestone. We will be looking for a fully-featured app as defined in the 1.0 Release Milestone.